Home » » Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Review With iPad and Wifi Scanning Features

Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Review With iPad and Wifi Scanning Features




Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Review With iPad and Wifi Scanning Features

What will it take to get this X.500 others in the latest and greatest that means that I called the Cadillac of the of home scanning I I own two of these I have one in my office for a file cabinet replacement for all the documents that we use throughout the course of the week there and also have one at home scanning a lot of my personal documents and among my local Board of Education secret matter how much a paper I get piling up items like to get rid of it so I do they scan it, I assume I ever go in and I have a filing cabinet that I walk around with it also masquerades as my iPad and iPhone and it is great to have a good organizational system down of atrocities of the scan very quickly in that instance massively scanners are great for itself if you just if you received here at error business card every once in a while you probably don't need this this is certainly a lot more for a people who have a high-volume deal with red take up a big stack of paper here in and stick it in the scanner wasn't much to it actually once you install the software that works on both Mac and the PC on the same version of the disc that comes with Wolf install software Humboldt I just push a button and begin scanning there are some features that you cannot change.

What it settings you can change what goes because you quickly this is going in a scanning both that pages at the same time as we switch to my computer here you can see that it's actually taking the proper orientation as these documents are coming in so it's detecting out landscape for portrait and end guessing not just through on its internal algorithms how it should sort itself out and once the documents are scanned you have some options that you can do with it and the first of course is the simplest which is just scan it to a folder secret PDF file you can save somewhere a you can email the document you can print it out you can do something to where you apply some OCR and have a PDF that also has searchable text now I do of course I go right into Evernote and when I hit this at opens up Evernote creates a new document and I can just put it in there and forget about it worked or not I Evernote by the way will also do all that OCR for you so you can forgo the slower process of waiting for the computer to do all of that architecture that as it goes so, I would recommend using Evernote is due to scans Evernote directly and sorted out when it gets in there at all thousand features for a word and Excel and you have a really plainly formatted spreadsheet that was printed out.

I can do a halfway decent job of creating a spreadsheet I've have found lots of people just format the spreadsheets really oddly and it's hard to get them put together a mighty illustrate just how the scanners configured as is physically it has a neat feature which is a fold-down door here and it seems pretty simple but this executes the dust out because I scanners can be sensitive to that kind of thing so it's going to not using it to fold it up on the scanner itself will turn itself off when it is not folded position and along the back it's pretty simple he does have a power cable USB 3.0 in this version to work with USB two as well so if you have an older Mac or PC it doesn't have USB three to work fine either way honestly USB three might be overkill in product, like this it's not pushing a lot of data very quickly so on its it's just something I think for future proofing that everything is moving to USB three which is why it has it on the other thing it has on the back here is a Wi-Fi switch and the other versions of the scanners I have don't have Wi-Fi on the show you what that Wi-Fi is for right now and that is because they haven't Has everybody does these days off for the iPad and iPhone and android and when you load that up you can basically take a document or a stack of documents.

I stick them in the printer and the scan button on the pad and that document is going to get transmitted over the ear to your iPad and it doesn't require the computer to be on when you do it which is a nice feature you doing the computer on to configure it but you don't need it on a once it is configured and there's a password protection so either we can hijack your scanner we have paper loaded and as you see here gives us the documents that we just scanned and the thing that it does which is kind of neat is that it also allows you to suggest that documents to second open it so she can see here I can get my Evernote which is my favorite place for my documents to go ,but I could also drop them over to anything else that iOS is running that can read a PDF file so that is a pretty handy feature and one last thing you talk about is the inevitable thing that occurs when perhaps two pages or more gets sucked into the printer ones that have a big stack of documents you might be concerned that she is that I miss a page here they are with you to sell out why the great things that ,the scanner has in it is a detection capability that can detect when there's more than one page like this here is I I taped a receipt to this piece of paper so I sadly have two pieces of paper stuck together here in Alaska put it in the scanner and switch back to my computer here and as it scans in it is going to the text there was two pages there give me a warning so I can decide what to do like haters keep the scanned image and move forward or I can discard the whole thing and start from scratch but they give you an idea where it left off and the fact that you might have to take a look at the scan more closely to be sure that you didn't miss anything on that feature by the way also works on the iPad iOS version 2 so must be something that is internal to to the scan snap another is a a consumable cost to the printer on overtime of the rollers going to wear out up you just told me that the improving greatly over the scanner that I bought about six years ago for home use I handed I've seen it actually work better for some documents that I know that the other scanner get tripped up on even with new rollers built into it this one has been doing pretty well with the scanner is rated to scan about 200,000 pages on the the rollers that included that are included with it so I would imagine that you probably get a lot like that of the thing especially a home use we're scanning a lot of documents but not scanning hundreds of thousands of documents a month so on the spear that Minder might be consumable cost down the road but I I can cite is from playing with this thing the last day or so that it feels a lot more solid and hasn't had any news feeds that I got on my older scan snap scanner so that is the Fujitsu scan snap I X.500 it is a pretty nice device here maybe I'm spending the rest of my evening catching up on how the documents that I've accumulated over the course of the week and getting them into my Evernote is a blindside.
Powered by Blogger.
 

Copyright © 2014. Computer&Software Review - All Rights Reserved

Proudly powered by Blogger